Parenting with Love & Logic

Hi, my name is Tricia and I'm a stepmom. Well kinda. I'm getting there.

In January 2016, I started dating a guy that had three kids. It was great, I loved kids. What could go wrong? Fast forward a little over a year, I can tell you what could go wrong. My life has been forever changed by a 8 year old daughter and 5 year old twin boys.

My hope is to learn just what kinds of joys and hardships come from raising kids that aren't yours. So stay tuned. There's hilarious stories, frustrating moments, and a bunch of "Oh pickles!" coming your way.

__________

A little background of Travis and I.

We met and dated and got the kinks out of our relationship over the course of a year. We traveled, went out for date nights, caught concerts, and learned how to love and encourage one another. We learned what work meant for each other and what our passions are. We learned what made each other tick. Individually. It was glorious.

Insert kids.

Wait, back up. Tricia moves in with Travis. Insert kids.

Yes, at the SAME TIME.

Why? I'm not sure. But it's brought us closer together in ways that "traditional" dating with kids doesn't. (I'd have to assume.) We kinda piled it on the kids all at once. We formed a quick bond (some quicker than others) and these three kids now get to be loved by three great parents. And they're just going to have to live with that love.

But they're kids. And we still have to parent. We're currently parenting with a method called Love and Logic - Travis took a course and was raising that kids with that intention. But now, together, we're raising them with that MENTALITY. And it's quite the adventure. It's creating a problem-solving environment specific to each kid.

What are some of your methods for helping your kids grow with Love and Logic?
What are some of your methods for raising step kids?

I look forward to living this journey and all are welcome to join in it!
~T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy Comfort Foods

What works for us?

Separated Time: How Much Influence Do We Really Have?