Healthy Traveling

I'm sure all of you have many tips and tricks that you've learned over the years...so please share them!!

Lately, I've been traveling for work a lot. It's mostly 24 hour trips and 4-6 meals eating out. Overnight in a hotel room, exhausted and long tired days on set. 

To back up - I never used to travel this much for work. If I was traveling, it would be to see people and we would cook meals, or do races, or go places that I could get local cuisine homemade. I wouldn't need lots of extra caffeine and I always had time to "clean up".

So, I used to have a rule: If I eat out,  I can have a "cheat meal" and I wouldn't worry about it. Cause, you know, moderation. But that's so not the case anymore. I used to do mud masks and have time to shower, but now it seems so exhausting. 

So what do I do (well, try to do) to stay healthy and well during my travels. 

1. You will never NOT find me with Fizz Sticks. I keep 3-4 in my work bag at all times. Most of the time I can find them in nooks and crannies of other bags. These suckers are great! They're natural green tea caffeine, with cane sugar and pH balance. What that means is there's no crash of energy drinks and no acid reflux of a second (or probably third) cup of coffee late in the afternoon.

2. Lip color. I have two mild colors that I bring. I never know the situation, so I try to have them on hand in case I need to "plus" myself a little bit more. 

3. Mattifying powder. This translucent powder helps wick away oils that build up running through the airport. It sends a ting of refreshment to a long day on set or travel. I love that it's a little compact with a mirror, so no matter what the situation, I always have a little mirror. PLUS, this stuff is vegan, so it's not going to clog your pores or leave a filthy residue. 

4. My oils! I've been super hooked lately. I normally take a little pouch with a few oils wherever I go. For traveling and work, I love Stress Away. It's there for me when I feel as if we're running out of time or I need to relax. I also have Harmony, which I dab on my pillow to help me fall asleep better. Finally, I have Valor (which is part of the roller ball you see) that allows me to pull up my big girl panties and get shit done. 

These are just a few of the things that come with me on every trip. What do you like when you travel? Maybe I should do one about snacks...

~T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What works for us?

Separated Time: How Much Influence Do We Really Have?

Healthy Comfort Foods